You may have your New Year’s Eve outfit planned, but what about something special for your hair? Try one of these new styles to complete your look for a fun night out celebrating the New Year. You’ll make an elegant statement without too much work— just follow the steps below!
Braids are all the rage and they can even create a classy up-do! It will look like you spent all morning doing your hair, but it only takes a few minutes.
Style tip: create this style on first-day hair, then let the braids down on day two for some fun waves!
Tools: Elastics, Bobby Pins
1. Create a center part and divide the hair in two sections.
2. Starting on one side near the forehead, French braid hair by crossing each section under the other, instead of over the other like normal braiding. Secure end of braid with an elastic.
3. Repeat step one on the other side section of hair.
4. Wrap the braids around each other into a low bun, tucking the ends in and securing with bobby pins.
5. Set the style with finishing spray to complete this braided twist!
Side Sweep Curls
The side sweep look is gorgeous with curls, but elastics and bobby pins can’t quite handle the task. The Simple Twist pin makes it easy to create this elegant look and will securely hold it all day long!
Style Tip: dress up this look even more by adding a decorative headband!
Tools: TStudio Silk Oval Wand, Simple Twist
1. Section hair and curl 1-2” sections with the TStudio Silk Oval Wand.
2. Tease hair lightly around the crown, adding hair spray.
3. Gather hair to the side and twist hair towards the ear.
4. Push the Simple Twist pin through and twist towards the ear, then flip it back into the twist to secure. Pin should be close to the scalp when pushed back in.
5. Loosen a few curls around the face and set with finishing spray to complete these side sweep curls!
This headwrap look works with any style or party! Use a boho braided headwrap for casual occasions or a beaded headwrap to really dress it up.
Style Tip: just like the braided twist, this look can be let down on day two hair for awesome curls!
Tools: TStudio Silk Oval Wand, Braided Headwrap, Beaded Headwrap
1. Section hair and curl 1-2” sections with the T|Studio Silk Oval Wand.
2. Slide a skinny headwrap over the head, so it is across or right above the forehead.
3. Starting on one side, loop a 2” section of hair around the headwrap until it creates a ringlet, then secure the end of the strand in the headwrap band.
4. Continue looping sections until all hair is secured around the headwrap.
5. Add bobby pins as needed and set with finishing spray for this headwrap ringlet style!