Hello! I’m Erica Zar, the blogger behind Casually Styled, a personal style blog. I am so honored to be a guest blogger today for Remington Ready!
Today I want to share one of the top trends for fall 2014, which actually is a continuation from what we saw this past spring. Yes, I’m talking about fringe! Fringe has made its way back into fashion in a big and exciting way. We have seen fringe over the years make its mark on western wear and casual wear, everything from boots, jackets and purses, but now it is taking on a new life of its own with pieces that truly make it a fashion statement.
There are so many ways to add fringe to your style without overstating it. The trick to fringing is to focus on one piece to keep it simple and classy, and treating it as an accessory to what you are wearing.
Here are some great examples to incorporate fringe for that effortless and chic statement:
1. Fringe Boots – a great way to add an extra splash of pizzazz to a pair of skinny jeans or even a dress! (Boots seen here, currently available by DV by Dolce Vita at Nordstrom)
2. Fringe Purses – let your purse do the talking as the statement piece to compliment your outfit. (Purse seen here, currently available at Target online and in stores).
3. Fringe Necklaces – a hot trend this fall, add a fringe necklace to a plain tank or tee for a subtle but bold statement! (Necklace seen here, currently available at Forever21 online or in stores).
4. Fringe Jackets – another huge comeback, not just for the Wild West anymore! A great fall piece to add to your week-end wardrobe!
5. Kimono – a personal favorite of mine, the kimono has become a popular cover-up over the past few months – choose one with fringed sleeves and you’ll be ahead of the fashion curve! (Kimono seen here, currently available at Forever21)
6. Formal Wear – Make an entrance with an eye-catching fringe cocktail dress or evening gown that will make you feel sexy and glam!
7. Bathing Suits – Planning a Caribbean vacation or cruise? Swimwear is taking the plunge with fringe this season as well!
8. Vintage Fringe – A trip to your favorite vintage store or maybe mom’s closet will score you a classic fringe piece that will definitely make a statement!
Let’s face it, almost every one of us has owned a fringed piece at one point in our lives and it was always fun to wear! Bring back some of that fun with this season’s fringe trend!
To see more of Erica's fall looks, check out her blog Casually Styled!