Hi all! I’m back, and with a list of some of my favorite pieces you MUST GO GET for spring! Wherever you may live, these are wardrobe wants for any closet, and pieces you can mix and match from day to night. Let’s start at the top…
1) Fringe, flowy, top – Now, I am a lover of fringe (hence my blog name), but this Free People top embraces the look in t-shirt form and with ombre coloring. I mean, what more can you ask for? Throw it on with a pair of distressed shorts, light skinny jeans, or dress it up with leather leggings for a sexy night out.
2) The perfect graphic tee – I, unfortunately, am not heading to any music festivals this year, but if I was, I would most def be rocking a graphic tee or tank of some sort. They are so casual, yet understatedly sexy. Many have rips and tears in them to give you the rock ‘n roll meets girl next door look. Tousle your hair a bit and werk* it with an ankle boot or chunky wedge.
3) Bright blouse – Neons and brights are here to stay, and thank goodness, because I cannot look at any more dreary colors. Hook yourself up with a light-weight, bright, button-down that you can half tuck into rolled shorts or floral denim, or swap the bottom for a dressier look with a hi-low skirt, and tie the front of the blouse in a knot and add a statement necklace.
4) Light denim skinnies – No, they do not make your legs look fat. Let’s just get that out of the way since that was my biggest caveat with the light denim as well. I love these with pastel colors or graphic tees, and they look uber cool with sandals or wedge gym shoes. A nice departure from your dressier dark denim that I’m sure you lived in all winter.
5) The perfect boyfriend jean - This is a tough one to find, but the ones I nabbed have a distressed look and a slightly skinny jean fit (think straight leg jeans with movement). I love this look with a plain tee, cool hat ,or head accessory, and a fun sandal or heel. It’s an unexpected cool.
6) Sneaker Wedges – If you haven’t hopped onto the sneaker wedge bandwagon, hop on! It’s the best thing to happen to my shoe collection since leggings hit my pants rotation. Again, comfort is key, and these look great with everything from shorts to skinnies to minis. Go for a neutral color for spring (throwing my black ones in the back of the closet for now) and enjoy the little lift.
To see more from Shae, check out her blog at www.vanillafringe.com